Sunday, January 17, 2010

Day 2.

Today it snowed.

I read quite a bit of my lonely planet book.
(Thanks Alley's)
Prague is home of
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart and Franz Kafka.

Snow kept coming...

I told the waiter to order me the best dish on the menu.
He gave me mixed meat, potato pancakes,
sauerkraut, and a beer.

All local's.
You share tables with other customer's.
Most people simply come in for beer and a cigarette.
When you ask for a beer,
you will get a Gambrinus unless you specify otherwise.
The waiter will keeping bringing pints and adding
tally marks on your table.
Gambrinus is a legendary king of Flanders.
He is thought of as a European king and unofficial patron saint of brewing. This character is believed to be John II, Duke of Burgundy (1371-1419) who supposedely invented hopped malt beer.

Still snowing...

3 comments:

  1. With all that snow thank goodness for sleepingbag coats (wink wink) I love seeing your view , thanks, XXXXXXX mama

    ReplyDelete
  2. no more updates? did you recess into an alcoholic + drug induced prague hole already?

    ReplyDelete